- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce is advocating for a permanent ban on oil drilling in Florida waters.
- In November, voters will vote 13 amendments to the Florida State Constitution.
- Amendment 9 would permanently ban oil drilling in Florida waters.
- Vote Yes on Amendment 9
- Click Here to view Amendment 9 language
- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce is advocating for a permanent ban on oil drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico.
- In 2020, the current ban on oil drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico is set to expire.
- There is a proposal that would extend the ban for another 5 years
- We need a permanent ban
- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce created a statewide coalition of Chambers of Commerce and businesses opposed to offshore oil drilling.
- Click Here to join the coalition
- Contact Doug Izzo for more information about the coalition
Doug Izzo, Government Affairs Representative
- Click Here to listen to the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce panel discussion on offshore oil drilling.
- Panelist discussed the effect an oil spill has on our economy and environment as well as outlined advocacy efforts to permanently ban offshore oil drilling.