As you may remember, the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber partnered with WalkWise to create a ROOM KEY SIZE card to hand to hotel guests with their room key upon check-in. This card provides visitors with crosswalk and pedestrian safety tips.
This card also fits perfectly into the billfold at restaurants or can be handed out at any establishment.
As we move into season, let me know if you would like "Key to Safety" cards to hand out to your customers. Contact Doug at (727) 360-6957 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope this effort helps visitors understand how and when to safely use the crosswalk system along Gulf Boulevard.
**Note: some properties have opted to print this directly on their room key holder.
Description: Pedestrian safety is a hot topic across the county. Florida is consistently recognized for the highest number of pedestrian fatalities per capita. Promotion and education of the crosswalk system along SR699 (Gulf Boulevard) is a major concern to businesses and leaders.Current Status: The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce supports the promotion and education of crosswalks throughout Gulf Boulevard. The TBBCoC continues to work with WalkWise Tampa Bay on a campaign to educate the local community. The TBBCoC continues to offer educational material directed toward the people actually using the crosswalks along Gulf Boulevard, the visitors. The TBBCoc provides educational pieces in to hotels along the beaches that direct transient visitors on how to use the new crosswalk systems as a pedestrian. The TBBCOC also continues to provide educational pieces in rental cars to direct transient visitors on how to use the crosswalks as a driver.Partners:
- Walkwise Tampa Bay: Click Here
- Word of mouth is the best way to educate.
- Distribute educational material available at the TBBCoC.
- Accommodations: Ask the chamber for "Key to Safety" cards to provide to your guests with their key cards.
- Restaurants: Ask the chamber for "Key to Safety" cards to provide your customers in the credit card slot in billfolds.
- Ask the chamber for pedestrian safety material to display in your business.