AS OF WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 30, 2023:
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is restricting access to all barrier islands and closing Gulf Boulevard until further notice. Those who leave the islands will not be allowed to return until storm impacts subside. This includes residents with a barrier island access pass.
Mandatory Evacuation: Idalia has officially strengthened into a hurricane. Zone A and mobile homes have been ordered to evacuate effective 7 p.m. Monday. Mandatory evacuation means if you are not gone before the storm hits, help will only be able to respond after the storm passes, so please take action now.
Hotels in Zone A need to remove all visitors ASAP. Businesses in Zone A needed to be prepped and closed by today.
- Know your Evacuation Zone (some have changed). https://kyz.pinellas.gov/
- Look up your flood risk: floodrisk.pinellas.gov
- Pinellas County emergency information: https://pinellas.gov/emergency-information
- For the latest on the state’s response actions: FloridaDisaster.org
- State Division of Emergency Management planning tools: https://apps.floridadis
- LODGING: participate in FEMA-paid lodging for survivors – Learn more and sign up here.
- Florida 511 for the latest on traffic conditions
- Alert Florida to signup for emergency alerts and other public safety notifications in your community
- VISIT FLORIDA Hurricane Preparedness Resources