VISIT FLORIDA Background:
- Last year, we saw VISIT FLORIDA's funding get slashed by $26 million.
- VISIT FLORIDA is facing opposition again this year.
- We can't let funding get slashed again.
- We are asking for $50 million in funding.
- In addition to funding, VISIT FLORIDA needs to be reauthorized or it will sunset in June 2020.
- Legislators need to reauthorize VISIT FLORIDA not only for this year, but for years to come. We need to create stability and stop this yearly charade.
- A priority of your Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber is fully funding VISIT FLORIDA and reauthorizing the organization for eight years.
- Legislation has been introduced by Senator Hooper (SB 362) and Representative Ponder (HB 213).
Your Chamber in Action:
- Director of Government Affairs, Doug Izzo will traveling to the state capitol January 14th, 15th and 16th.
- CEO, Robin Miller will traveling to the capitol January 23rd & 24th.
- During these trips we will work tirelessly to fight for your business.
- We will be meeting with cabinet members and key legislators urging support of this vital organization.
- Click Here to view an op-ed your Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber had published in Florida Politics.
- Florida Tax Watch remains the state's best known watchdog calling out wasteful spending and even it supports funding VISIT FLORIDA. Click Here to read.
- The federal government can't agree on anything, yet they see the value and agreed to fund tourism marketing. Click Here to read.