- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce successfully advocated for a permanent ban on oil drilling in Florida waters.
- In November, voters passed an amendment to the Florida State Constitution.
- Amendment 9 permanently banned oil drilling in Florida waters.
- Click to view Amendment 9 Ballot Language
- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce is advocating for a permanent ban on oil drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico.
- In 2020, the current ban on oil drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico is set to expire.
- There is a proposal that would extend the ban for another 5 years.
- We need a permanent ban.
- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce created a statewide coalition of Chambers of Commerce and businesses opposed to offshore oil drilling.
- Click to join the coalition
- Contact Robin Miller for more information about the coalition
Robin Miller, CEO
727-360-6957 ext. 107
- Click to listen to Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce Panel Discussio on offshore oil driling
Panelist discussed the effect an oil spill has on our economy and environment as well as outlined advocacy efforts to permanently ban offshore oil drilling.