- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce successfully advocated for a permanent ban on oil drilling in Florida waters.
- In November, voters passed an amendment to the Florida State Constitution.
- Amendment 9 permanently banned oil drilling in Florida waters.
- Click Here to view Amendment 9 language.
- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce is advocating for a permanent ban on oil drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico.
- In 2020, the current ban on oil drilling in the Eastern Gulf of Mexico is set to expire.
- There is a proposal that would extend the ban for another 5 years.
- We need a permanent ban.
- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce created a statewide coalition of Chambers of Commerce and businesses opposed to offshore oil drilling.
- Click Here to join the coalition
- Contact Doug Izzo for more information about the coalition
Doug Izzo, Government Affairs Representative
- Click Here to listen to the Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce panel discussion on offshore oil drilling.
- Panelist discussed the effect an oil spill has on our economy and environment as well as outlined advocacy efforts to permanently ban offshore oil drilling.
- Click Here for news coverage of our trip to D.C.
- Click Here for Tampa Bay Times op-ed submitted by the chamber