A native from Iowa named David Welch once owned most the land from John's Pass to Indian Rocks Beach. In the early 1930's a man by the name of Charles Redington purchased the northern end of David Welch's property and, in 1935, built the first permanent residence in the area. Three cities that Redington owned are Redington Beach, incorporated in 1935, North Redington incorporated in 1953, and Redington Shores incorporated in 1956.
This primarily residential town of less than two square miles and approximately 1700 residents, is proud host of the new Tides Beach Club. This 214-unit condominium fronts a quarter mile of the Gulf of Mexico. This quaint residential community has private beaches with no public parking and hosts only three motels on Gulf Blvd.
Take a closer look at this community by exploring Redington in Focus